CSforALL to Host National Showcase to Celebrate Computer Science Education Efforts
This Tuesday at 7:00 PM EST, CSforALL will present the 2020 CSforALL Commitments Showcase via livestream on all platforms.
At 7:00 PM EST on Tuesday, November 17th, CSforALL will go live virtually for the first time with the computer science education community to announce the 2020 #CSforALL Commitments.
The past three years, CSforALL has hosted an in-person event that brings together CS education influences, tech leaders, policy makers, and notable celebrities. This Tuesday’s virtual event won’t fall short on the speaker lineup, surprises, energy, or the national commitments announcement! Take a look below for more information and register now to get your front seat at the first virtual CS national event on Tuesday, November 17th at 7:00 PM EST.
Date and Time:
See you on Tuesday, November 17th at 7:00 PM EST! Check your email for a special invite coming your way or join our newsletter to make sure are in the loop.
#CSforALL Commitments are actions by the community to move the needle towards the goal of computer science for all. They play a key role in bringing together the community of CS stakeholders to amplify the progress made, announce new goals and initiatives to advance the mission, and provide visibility to community efforts large and small. Our goal is to lift up the efforts of those doing the work on the ground all year long.
The Five Segments:
- Pandemic Response: Decoding the Digital Divide — This segment will highlight efforts that focus on alleviating the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on access, inclusion and rigor in delivering CS education. Featuring: Internet Hall-of-Famer Larry Irving and Mike Conley, NBA Point Guard, Utah Jazz.
- Design for Diversity: Designing Systems from the Beginning— This segment will illuminate the importance of incorporating diversity and inclusion at the design phase, including considerations of race, socio-economic status, ability, identity and more. Featuring: Daryll Mitchell, actor & accessibility advocate and Irma Olguin, CEO, Bitwise Industries.
- Prepare the Solvers: Creating the Next Generation of Problem Solvers Not Process Followers — In this segment, we’ll highlight the work of those preparing the next generation of problem solvers among students, educators, policy makers and more. Featuring: Dr. Bernard Harris, CEO, NMSI and former astronaut and Evan Spiegel — founder and CEO, Snapchat.
- Close the Gaps: Identify, Name and Close CS Gaps — This segment will announce systems-change commitments focused on identifying and closing gaps in the CS education ecosystem and movement. Featuring: Karlie Kloss, Kode with Klossy and Gebre Waddel, Sound Credit
- Racial Equity: Adversity to Action, Privilege to Progress — This segment will lift up promising efforts by the CS education community to address structural racism and injustice that excludes communities of color from technology career paths and opportunities. Featuring: John B.King Jr., EdTrust and Brenda Wilkerson, AnitaB.org
The 2020 CSforALL Commitment Showcase Speakers!
See full list of speakers, here.
Where to Live Steam:
- CSforALL Summit Site: https://www.live.csforall.org
- CSforALL Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CSforALLorg/live/
- CSforALL Twitter: twitter.com/CSforALL
- Youtube: https://youtu.be/b5XaHuunQO0
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
A thank you to our 2020 #CSforALL Commitment Showcase JPMorgan Chase & Co., Snapchat, Lockheed Martin, WorldQuant Predictive, Matatalab, Wonder Workshop, STEM Next Opportunity Fund, CodeScty, and Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls!