CSforALL hosted a Recent Webinar for Non-Profits Facing Financial Struggles Due to The Current Crisis.
In the continuous response to COVID-19, CSforALL held a Community Call on April 9th with members of CSforALL’s team, Ruthe Farmer, An-Me Chung, and Jennifer Klopp, to share resources and tips for nonprofits facing financial struggles due to the current crisis.Together we will learn how to survive and thrive in this new environment.
- Think like a small business — what loans or other options are available to you? Take advantage of federal funding being offered through the CARES Act. Who in your local community is supporting small businesses including community foundations? You have employees and federal and local relief may be available.
- Check in with your current funders, and come with ideas for how they can best support your organization and the work. They are your advocates, and are figuring out how best to support grantees in these unprecedented times.
- Don’t leave any money on the table. Make sure you remind your community about Amazon Smile. Check to make sure your donation page is up to date, and remind donors about matching programs for either cash donations or volunteer time. Ensure all receivables are in the door.
- It might take some time for the philanthropic community to respond to your specific needs, especially since the situation continues to evolve, but they are working on it
- In this austerity climate, it’s a good idea to review and evaluate your organization’s operating expenses. There should also be savings in areas, such as travel and in-person convenings.
We are updating this page regularly with the latest information and resources that nonprofits can use to prepare and respond.
Did you find this information useful? Are you or someone you know looking for more resources and tools in the CSforALL space? CSforALL has an extended membership community that forms relationships, shares tools, and supports one another’s mission at a national level. Become a CSforALL Member todayhttps://www.csforall.org/become_a_member/.
Continuously check back on our COVID-19 Response web page for upcoming webinars and support resources.